Section 203(h) Mortgage Insurance for Disaster Victims

posted over 3 years ago by allisonfrenzel from LO*OP center
This update is over 30 days old.

Section 203(h) Mortgage Insurance for Disaster Victims helps make it easier for survivors to get a mortgage to buy or rebuild a home. See Mortgage

Section 203(k) Rehabilitation Mortgage Insurance offers two options for both home buyers and homeowners: Get a single mortgage to buy or refinance a home and the cost of its rehabilitation, or Finance the rehabilitation of your existing home. See Rehabilitation

You may use the money for work ranging from minor to a total rebuild. This could include the following: Residential section rehabilitation of a property that also has non-residential uses. Conversion of any size property to a one- to four-unit structure.

For smaller repairs or rehabilitation, up to $35,000, you may be able to get a Limited 203(k). This is for work that doesn’t require you to buy or refinance the property.

To learn more, visit the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) program pages below:

Mortgage Insurance for Disaster Victims Section 203(h), or Section 203(k) Rehabilitation Mortgage Insurance. General Program Requirements See You must meet the conditions below to qualify for these programs. Section 203(h) Mortgage Insurance for Disaster Victims: You must own a one-family home damaged or destroyed in a presidentially declared disaster, and You must live in the home.

Section 203(k) Rehabilitation Mortgage Insurance: You must be able to make monthly mortgage payments, and You must be rehabilitating a home that’s at least one year old.


No comments yet.

Post a new comment

News by topic

Other recent news