Home and Personal Property Loans (apply by Dec. 11, 2017)

posted about 1 year ago by lizaloop from LO*OP Center, Inc.
This update is over 30 days old.

from SBA web site

First, register with FEMA, even if you don’t think you will be eligible. Then…

If you are in a declared disaster area and have experienced damage to your home or personal property, including loss of contents of rented home, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the SBA — even if you do not own a business. As a homeowner, renter and/or personal property owner, you may apply to the SBA for a loan to help you recover from a disaster…

Renters and homeowners may borrow up to $40,000 to replace or repair personal property — such as clothing, furniture, cars and appliances — damaged or destroyed in a disaster…

For applicants unable to obtain credit elsewhere, the interest rate will not exceed 4 percent. For those who can obtain credit elsewhere, the interest rate will not exceed 8 percent. The SBA will determine whether an applicant can obtain credit elsewhere. SBA disaster loans are offered with up to 30-year terms…

You can apply online for an SBA disaster assistance loan. SBA will send an inspector to estimate the cost of your damage once you have completed and returned your loan application.

You must submit the completed loan application and a signed and dated IRS Form 4506-T giving permission for the IRS to provide SBA your tax return information.

For additional information, please contact the SBA disaster assistance customer service center. Call 1-800-659-2955 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339) or e-mail disastercustomerservice@sba.gov.

Also see City of Santa Rosa web site


No comments yet.

Post a new comment

News by topic

Other recent news